Here's a recipe for This Little Goat's Magic Green Beans from Chef Stephanie Izard that utilizes a Made In Blue Carbon Steel Wok!
Time: 20 minutes
Active Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 sides
- Made In's Blue Carbon Steel Wok
- 1 lb green beans, cleaned
- 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp This Little Goat went to Southeast Asia
- 1 large shallot, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup roasted, unsalted cashews
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil in a stock pot and fill a large bowl with ice water.
- Drop green beans into boiling water and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and immediately plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process. Once cool, remove onto paper towels to absorb excess water.
- In a small bowl, whisk 1 tablespoon "This Little Goat went to Southeast Asia" into the mayonnaise. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the wok over medium-high heat. Once hot, add blanched green beans and cook until starting to brown, about 2 minutes. Add in sliced shallots and saute until softened, about 1 additional minute. Pour in 1/4 cup This Little Goat went to Southeast Asia and stir until heated through, about 2 minutes. Add in cashews and toss to coat.
- Pour cooked green beans into a serving bowl and drizzle with Southeast Asia mayonnaise.