Here's a recipe for Cacio e Pepe with Kale Caesar Salad from Executive Chef Sasha Grumman of Rosalie that utilizes a Made In Stock Pot and Stainless Clad Frying Pan
Cacio e Pepe Ingredients
1/2 lb Barilla spaghetti
1/4 C grated parmigiano reggiano
1/4 C grated pecorino romano
8 T (1stick) butter, unsalted, small cubes
1 Ea. egg yolk, large brown cage free
2 T salt (Jacobsen's Kosher Salt)
20 turns black pepper
- Fill a 4-6 QT pot with water and bring to a boil, add salt (should taste like the sea!)
- Add spaghetti to boiling water and make sure all noodles are submerged.
- In a saucepan, add half of the butter and 4 ounces of pasta water, let butter melt, turn heat off.
- Add black pepper.
- Boil pasta for 9-10 minutes, until al dente.
- Add cooked pasta to saucepan and toss – Reserve pasta water!
- Turn saucepan on medium heat, add the remainder of butter, Parmigiano & pecorino. If the sauce is too thick, add a little pasta water, bring up to a quick boil, turn off heat. (This should create a nice glossy coating on the pasta)
- Taste for seasoning, adjust as you wish.
- Use tongs to twirl the pasta onto a plate and make sure to use a spatula for any sauce left behind.
- Create a nest in the pasta and place the yolk in the middle.
- Top with a little flake salt, a few more turns of black pepper, and serve.
Kale Caesar Salad Ingredients
2 bunches Lacinato kale
2 heads romaine hearts
2 T caesar dressing
1 C cherry tomatoes, halved
1 Ea. avocado, diced
¼ C grated Parmigiano Reggiano
10 turns black pepper
To Taste extra virgin olive oil, (California Olive Ranch)
- Wash kale leaves, de-stem and tear into bite sized pieces by hand.
- Add kale to a mixing bowl with a small pinch of salt and massage leaves thoroughly. (KEY technique to make sure the fibers that are naturally tough in kale are broken down).
- Cut romaine hearts into one inch pieces, add to mixing bowl.
- Add your favorite Caesar dressing and mix thoroughly.
- Add cherry tomatoes, avocado and black pepper and toss.
- Taste the salad for seasoning and separate into two bowls.
- To finish, sprinkle the salad with the Parmigiano, your favorite extra virgin olive oil, and serve.