Nashville Hot Cheetos Chicken
By: Chefs Justin and Adam of Spiceology's Off the Line
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total: 30 minutes
- 2 lbs boneless chicken thighs
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup Spiceology Nashville Hot Spice Blend
- 4 eggs
- 1 small bag Hot Cheetos (crushed/blended)
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1-2 cups frying oil or shortening
- 3 round cake pans, pie tins, bowls, or deep plates
- 12” Made In Frying Pan
- Get out three containers large enough to “dip” a chicken thigh in.
- In one bowl, mix together the flour and Spiceology Nashville Hot Spice Blend.
- In the second bowl, whip the eggs.
- Blend or crush the Cheetos and mix together with the panko bread crumbs in the last bowl.
- One piece of chicken at a time, coat the chicken in Spiceology Nashville Hot seasoned flour, then the whipped egg, then the Cheetos/panko mix and place aside until you finish coating all the chicken.
- In your Made In Frying Pan, add about a cup of oil. Oil should be about ½ inch deep.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees, or bring to medium-high heat.
- Add one piece of chicken at a time to the hot oil, gently placing it in the oil away from you to avoid oil splatter. Don’t overcrowd the pan! It might take a couple of rounds to fry everything.
- After 4-5 minutes, carefully turn the chicken and cook for another 4-5 minutes until the internal temperature is 165 degrees. Remove chicken from oil and let it rest on a cooling rack or paper towel until ready to serve.
PRO TIP: The reason behind the three-step process is that flour sticks to protein, egg sticks to flour and panko sticks to egg. This will work with any protein.
- On a grilled bun with mayo, pickles, and lettuce
- Picnic style with potato salad and slaw
- Chopped up on your favorite salad