Pickle BrineMakes 2 quarts
- 4 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp dry mustard
- ½ cup kosher salt
- ½ Tbsp turmeric
- 2 Tbsp red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp whole fennel seeds
- ¼ cup whole black peppercorns
- Put all pickle brine ingredients in a Made In 8 QT Stock Pot. Place pot on the stove over high heat. As soon as the mixture starts to boil, remove from heat and stir with a whisk until sugar and salt are completely dissolved.
- Using a china cap or a fine mesh strainer set over a 4 QT container, strain pickling liquid and discard seasonings. If not using right away, put in airtight container and let chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- Cut the cucumbers into ⅛ inch thick slices and place in a large nonreactive bowl.
- Pour 1 quart of pickling brine in a Made In 4-6 QT Saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Once brine starts to boil, pour it over the bowl with the cucumbers. Place a couple of small plates over cucumbers to weigh them down, ensuring they stay submerged in the liquid.
- Place the cucumber mixture in a quart-sized resealable container or food pan, cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.