Here's a recipe for Chicken Liver Mousse from John Coronado, owner/partner of Aviary Wine & Kitchen, that can be made with a Made In Saute Pan and Utility Knife!
Chicken Liver Mousse
- 2 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 2 bunches Texas spring onion
- 1 lb cured Texas chicken liver
- 1 Tbsp thyme
- 3 Tbsp red wine
- 1 lb European butter
Substitutions: We are using Texas spring onion in place of shallots. Instead of Texas chicken liver, you can substitute foie gras or duck liver.
- Saute garlic and spring onions in Saute Pan until spring onions become soft and just before garlic starts to brown.
- Add chicken liver and thyme and cook until liver is cooked through.
- Add red wine to deglaze.
- Remove from pan and add to Vitamix.
- Puree chicken liver mixture.
- Slowly add in 1 lb butter while continuing to puree.
- Remove from Vitamix and place in a container to cool in fridge.