Here's Made In Hospitality & Partnership Lead Jenna Seco's recipe for a pan pizza baked in a Made In Carbon Steel Frying Pan!
For the Pizza Dough:
Jenna used this pizza dough recipe, but said that you could also use this pizza dough recipe if you're in more of a hurry.
For the Sauce:
- 1 28oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 3-4 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 basil leaves
- Pinch of sugar
Combine all ingredients and puree until smooth.
For the Toppings:
You can of course use anything you want! Jenna used:
- Sliced Kalamata olives
- Thinly sliced mushrooms
- Fresh basil
- Shredded or fresh mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 500 F then let your carbon steel pan preheat for 10 minutes
- While the pan is preheating, roll out your dough into an 8" or 10" circle depending on which pan you're using (8" for a 10 inch carbon steel pan and 10" for a 12 inch carbon steel pan)
- Carefully remove the pan from the oven and coat the inside with 2 tablespoons of oil
- Quickly place the dough in the skillet
- Spoon sauce over the dough and spread, top with mozzarella and toppings of your choice
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until your crust is golden brown and your cheese is bubbly
- Remove the pan from oven and carefully slide the pizza out of the pan
- Slice, finish with basil, and repeat with any leftover dough