Here's a recipe for Spatchcocked Whole Chicken with Pepper Rub, Butter Rice, and Crème Vert from Chef Jacob Euler of Le Vacher that can be made with a Made In Stainless Steel Frying Pan!
Spatchcocked Whole Chicken with Pepper Rub, Butter Rice, and Crème Vert
- One whole chicken, spatchcocked (or broken down into breasts and legs)
- Onion powder
- Short grain rice, 1-2 cups
- Lay the chicken down in a Made In Stainless Steel Frying Pan or any pan that fits it, liberally dust the skin with equal amounts of paprika, salt, and onion powder.
- Bake in a 300 F oven for about 1-1.5 hours until the center of the breast reads 165 F. If you don’t have a thermometer, you may be bold and just do 1.5 hours and check for any pink. Or you can use a turkey timer, but your chicken will be slightly overcooked.
- Rest the chicken overnight in the refrigerator in the pan it was cooked in.
- Cook rice according to instructions provided or the specific type of grain and chill in refrigerator overnight.
- Cooked whole chicken, still in the same pan
- Rice, pre-cooked, cold
- Grapeseed oil
- One 14 oz can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced or chopped
- ½ cup crème fraîche or sour cream
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ⅓ cup mayo
- ¼ olive oil
- Handful fresh chopped herbs such as parsley, chives, and/or thyme
- Lemon juice to taste
To make crème vert
- Place crème fraîche/sour cream, buttermilk, mayo, olive oil, chopped herbs, and lemon juice in a bowl. Stir to combine.
To finish rice
- Place a Made In Stainless Steel Frying Pan over medium-high heat, add in some grapeseed oil, and wait until it starts to smoke.
- Dump in the tomatoes and cook until they start to shrink and brown.
- Add in rice, stir well, let sit in pan on high heat until it browns.
- Add in garlic, stir, let settle. Season to taste.
- It’s done when it’s as crispy as you want.
To finish chicken
- Turn oven on broil, highest heat setting
- Arrange rack so chicken is about 6" away from heating element.
- Drizzle with oil and broil until crispy and heated throughout.
- Top with crème vert and serve with rice.