Espresso Breakfast (Or Anytime) Burger
By: Chef Tony Reed of Spiceology
Total time: 30 minutes
"Being a chef means destroying boundaries when it comes to food. Who says you can’t have a burger for breakfast? I mean, it features eggs and 'coffee,”' doesn’t it?" - Chef Tony
- ½ lb ground beef, preferably 80/20
- ½ lb breakfast sausage
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- Avocado, halved, pitted, & thinly sliced
- Bibb lettuce, to taste
- Olive oil (or oil of choice)
- Spiceology Sriracha Salt, to taste (optional, but delicious!)
- 3 brioche buns
- 2 Made In Saute Pans
- Made In Non Stick Frying Pan
- Yellow onion, thinly sliced
- Salt, pinch
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp Spiceology’s New Mexico Chili Powder Spice Blend
- ¼ tsp Crystal Hot Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a Made In Saute Pan, melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Add onions and salt, stirring to coat the onions in the butter.
- Allow onions to cook slowly while you prepare the rest of this recipe, stirring onions every few minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sauce ingredients and place in refrigerator until you build your burger.
- Once oven comes up to temperature, place bacon on a sheet tray and bake for 23 minutes.
- While the bacon cooks, combine your sausage, beef, and Cowboy Crust Spice Blend in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide your meat mixture into thirds and form three patties.
- On medium heat, place patties into another Made In Saute Pan and cook on each side for three minutes at a time. Once finished, place on a sheet tray with your buns.
- At this point, your bacon should be close to done. If ready, remove bacon from the oven and get rid of excess oil by placing on a paper towel-lined plate. Leave the oven on.
- Remove your onions from the stove and set aside. They should be sweet and caramelized.
- Place one cheese slice on each burger and one on each bottom bun. Place in the oven for 2 minutes to allow the cheese to melt and the bread to toast.
- Remove from the oven. If using, sprinkle Sriracha Salt on the top bun to taste.
- In a small Made In Non Stick Frying Pan, fry an egg to your liking.
How to build your burger, from the bottom up
- Bottom bun, spread sauce on it
- Meat patty
- Caramelized onions
- Bacon (halved)
- Fried egg
- Top bun, spread sauce on it