Whether you're looking to feed a crowd, the family, or need a dish for a potluck, this vegetable risotto is a tasty and simple recipe to whip up for any occasion.
See recipe below and more at www.thenewlywedscookbook.com
1 zucchini, diced
1 medium onion, diced
4 carrots, diced
handful mushrooms, any kind
3 tbsp unsalted butter
2 cups organic Arborio rice 8 cups organic chicken broth
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 tbsp organic half and half
1/2 cup dry white wine
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/8 tsp turmeric
3 sprigs fresh thyme
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place zucchini and carrots, 1 tbsp butter, and some salt and pepper into a non stick frying pan and cook on medium low heat for about 5-8 minutes. Once veggies are tender, take them out and set aside.
2. Place the rest of the butter into the non stick frying pan with you onions, mushrooms, and garlic and cook on medium low heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring often so garlic does not burn. Add white wine and stir in arborio rice. Stir until it begins to crackle, you’ll hear it!
3. Ladle in about 4 cups of your chicken broth, it works best to keep the broth in a separate pot, simmering hot. Throw your thyme in as well (the whole stem too). Cook on low heat until the rice has absorbed almost all of the broth, and then ladle in one more, and repeat until you are out of broth.
3. Now, place the other veggies back into your non stick frying pan and stir to combine.
4. It is now time to add in the cream, parmesan, and turmeric. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Stir everything and serve!
We’ve received over 100k five-star reviews (and counting) from dedicated home cooks.
We offer free shipping on all orders over $49 placed in the contiguous U.S.
All products come with a limited or lifetime warranty and a 45 day trial period.