About Made In and Non Stick Pans
Made In is a new, American-made cookware brand that produces professional quality kitchen tools. Made In's critically acclaimed non stick frying pans use a 5-ply metal construction and a premium, Pennsylvanian-made surface.
How to Season a Non Stick Frying Pan
"Seasoning" your non stick frying pan means applying a thin layer of oil (usually a vegetable oil or other shortening) in order to fill small pores in the surface coating and prevent food from sticking. A properly seasoned non stick frying pan surface can help reduce the need for any fats, so we're on board!
Although none of our non stick fry pans require seasoning, it can help the longevity and effectiveness of the surface.
Seasoning the non stick can ensure there are no uneven spots on your coating as you continue to use it. It's a good exercise to do, especially if you are familiar with the process from cast iron.
If you want to season your pan:
- First, wash your non stick cookware after taking it out of the packaging to get any factory residue off.
- Once washed, season it lightly by rubbing vegetable or canola oil (not olive oil) onto the non stick surface.
- Heat the frying pan over medium heat on a burner for about 1-2 minutes. You can also put it in the oven at 300 degrees F for about 20 minutes (yes, our non stick is oven safe and can be used at temperatures below 500 degrees).
- Once the oil cools and dries, wipe any excess oil from the pan with a paper towel and you are good to go.
- Afterward, our surfaces require just a quick sponge out to wash them, however, you can repeat this process every once and a while, especially if you decide to put the non stick in the dishwasher.
Looking for the perfect non stick skillet that doesn't need a fat or oil? Check out our best-selling non stick frying pans here.