Photo credit: Gianna Rankart, @giannakeiko
Veggies and Chorizo Fried Rice
2 cups cooked basmati rice
¼ cup diced onions
½ cup diced cabbage
¼ cup diced celery
¼ cup diced chorizo
¼ cup diced string beans
2 cloves sliced garlic
3 tbsp canola oil
1 tbsp water
Salt & pepper
- Follow the cooking instructions for the basmati on the package. Set aside and allow to cool.
- In a hot Made In Saute Pan, scramble the eggs in 1.5 tbsp of canola oil then set aside and allow to cool. It’s okay if the eggs are still slightly runny.
- In the same pan over medium heat, add the remainder of the oil and then the chorizo. Allow some of the fat to render from the chorizo.
- Add all veggies except the peas. Saute the veggies for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the rice and fry for 1 minute. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Add the egg (slightly breaking it up) and cook for another 15 seconds.
- Serve in a bowl and eat!