In search of a Valentine's Day breakfast-in-bed recipe that's sure to impress? Look no further.
Garrison, the highly esteemed modern American grill house fully outfitted with Made In cookware that's located in Fairmont Austin, gave us their recipe for the perfect Valentine's Day omelette. One of the not-so-secret omelette ingredients of Director of Culinary André Natera and Chef de Cuisine Jordan Sanchez? Our best-in-class omelette pan, the Made In Non Stick Frying Pan (which are all newly back in stock!).
Get ready for some decadence:
- Made In Non Stick Frying Pan
- 3 ea farm fresh eggs
- 30g fresh whole cream
- 30g whole butter
- 10g butter at room temperature
- ~2g kosher salt
- 5g minced chives
- Maldon sea salt as needed
- Fresh black pepper as needed
- As much black truffle or caviar as you can afford
- Crack all 3 eggs in a mixing bowl, add the cream and season with kosher salt. Whisk until fully incorporated.
- Add the whole butter to a 10" Made In Non Stick Frying Pan and heat over medium heat.
- Melt the butter until foamy but not to the point of browning.
- Add the eggs and stir quickly, scraping the sides as needed until the eggs are firm enough to coat the bottom of the pan for the omelette. Be careful not to brown the eggs — this must be quick.
- Using the pan, roll the omelette on itself (flipping is not necessary, as you want to ensure a fluffy and creamy inside).
- Place the omelette on a plate and brush slightly with soft butter, sprinkle with chives, and season with Maldon salt.
- Shave truffle on top or place on top a large dollop of your favorite caviar (we use Kaluga).
Will you be around Austin this Valentine's Day? If so, and if a superb five-course tasting menu (with optional drink pairings) boasting dishes like Seared Scallop and Black Truffle Risotto sounds up your alley, be sure to reserve your spot at Garrison's Valentine's Day 2020 dinner!