In honor of Mother's Day, here's a recipe for Fluke with Gluten-Free Panko and S'chug from Kelly Kalick — mother of Made In Co-Founder Jake Kalick! It can be made with a Made In Blue Carbon Steel or Non Stick Frying Pan.
Fluke with Gluten-Free Panko and S'chug
Kelly's favorite s'chug recipe belongs to Chef Einat Admony and can be found here.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 2 cups gluten-free panko (you made need to pulse in a food processor to get the panko a little finer; gluten-free panko tends to have larger, grittier flakes)
- 1½ lb fluke (can substitute sole or flounder)
- 1 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Note: Use same measurements to substitute all-purpose flour and regular panko.
- Prepare s'chug according to recipe.
- Set up station for dredging by placing beaten eggs, brown rice flour, and panko on separate plates.
- Dip the fish in flour, then egg, then panko, making sure every part of the fish is covered at each stage.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a Made In Blue Carbon Steel or Non Stick Frying Pan.
- Slowly drop the fish into the oil (away from you) and cook until golden, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a paper towel.
- Top fish with s'chug. Enjoy!
Kelly loves to serve this dish with Roasted Asparagus and a Gluten-Free Panzanella Salad!