Eric Gestel is the executive chef at Le Bernardin in New York City, where he has worked since 1997. Before Le Bernardin, Chef Eric worked in such other notable kitchens as Chicago's Le Francais and Paris' Jamin.
Baked Striped Bass with Mussels and Clams
- 1 lb mussels
- 1 lb clams
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- ½ leek, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup white wine
- ½ cup water
- Four 6 oz portions of striped bass
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley, chopped (to garnish)
- Lemon (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Clean mussels and clams.
- Sweat all vegetables in Saute Pan with olive oil until tender. Add wine and water to the pan and bring to a simmer.
- Season fish with salt and pepper and place in pan.
- Place clams in pan, cover with lid, and put in 450 F oven for 2 minutes.
- Take the pan out, add mussels, and place back in oven for 3 minutes (or until clams and mussels are open).
- Place fish, clams, and mussels on plates. Tent with foil to keep them warm.
- Add butter to vegetables in pan and adjust seasoning.
- Pour vegetables on top of fish, mussels, and clams.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon.