Looking for a comfort dish that you won't feel guilty indulging in? This simple, yet flavorful, plant-based curry is your answer.
Amy, the author behind Eats by Ames, is a student studying dietetics, so simple, healthy, and delicious recipes are crucial for her busy days! This gluten and dairy free vegan curry made in her Stock Pot gets the job done, tastefully.
See recipe below and more at www.eatsbyames.com
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 1/2 cup diced tomato (I like to use plum)
- 1 cup cubed potato (about 1/4 inch cubes, about 1 medium white potato)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 can chickpeas, strained
- 1/2 cup water or vegetable broth
- Handful of fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- Sesame seeds (for garnish)
1. In a large stock pot or saucepan, heat the olive on low-medium heat.
2. Add the onions and sauté until softened, about 5-6 minutes.
3. Add the vegetables, salt, ginger and spices. Continue to sauté until all of the vegetables but the potatoes have softened, about 7-8 minutes.
4. Add the coconut milk, water, and chickpeas. Stir until everything is well combined.
5. Cook covered on low-medium heat for 25 more minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
6. Enjoy over white rice and garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds!